There's nothing like a little kid strapped in her car seat, engine off, windows rolled up, and ALONE in the damn car that PISSES me off!!!! I do NOT care how freakin busy you are, and how you're just gonna run in real quick to pick up the other kid you don't deserve, all I wanna do is grab you by the hair and slap you until your eyeballs bug out. How DARE you take a tiny little blessing like that and put her in danger? How IGNORANT are you for assuming she will be SAFE because you locked your doors? YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED!
Any dumb parent who claims leaving a young child unattended in a vehicle is okay should have to endure looking at pictures of those lifeless children who died because their parents chose convenience over the safety of their kid.
Choosing to bring life into this world is a precious precious thing. It is not something you do because you want to play dress up with pretty little dresses and pigtails, or because you want a little boy to teach sports to. Popping them out one after the other shouldn't be done because you think procreation at the rate you're going automatically reserves you the golden ticket past those pearly gates. Having kids is a 24/7, them-having-a-bath-before-you, kind of commitment.
It frustrates me beyond belief when I see otherwise. I have three wonderfully beautiful children, each one a blessing in their own right. I am not a perfect parent, but I'm a damn good one. My 3 will always be number one for me and that's that. So, no matter how frazzled I may be and the thought of running out to Walmart to grab a gallon of milk I forgot to buy just thirty minutes earlier with three tired and hungry munchkins riding my nerves will surely push me over the edge, I still take them in with me. Why? Because that's what good parents do. Because anything tragic, no matter how outlandish or improbable, is always nagging in the back of my mind, and I simply do not want to take that chance. Why do you?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
You should be ARRESTED
Posted by
Team Och
at
2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Ha that's a good one- I also feel the same way about seat belts & running rampant in the road... (Hence the yelling you are probably sick of hearing when my 3yr-old goes into the road w/out permission) ;)
Post a Comment