Saturday, September 20, 2008

Air Force Ball

It isn't every day we get to attend something big and formal like this. Last night was the Air Force Ball celebrating the Air Force's 61st anniversary. Black tie slash mess dress uniform slash evening gown type gala in the house! It was great, all servicemen and women looked so sharp in their dress uniforms ('specially my hubby w/war hero rack taking up all the space on his left shoulder), and all those beautiful dresses. 900+ in attendance!
As with any military celebration, there were the pre-requisite traditions: honoring of the POW/MIA personnel, posting of the colors, Air Force song...it makes you bleed blue all over again. It always puts a lump in my throat.
I am not one who enjoys getting all gussied up for events like this, I'm pretty LOW maintenance...But--special thanks HAS to go to hair-extraordinaire Mizz Brandie H. even when she felt under the weather, and her equally style-capable hub Jason who graciously volunteered to help out dowdy ole moi. I tell you what, Ms. Thang, you made me feel pretty for the 1st time in a long time. Muchas gracias, I LUV U!
And also, Miss Lindsay K., for lending me her cute shrug to cover up my hideous farmer's tan. It was perfect! Thank you!
Great times, great food, great friends. Pics to post later, (borrowed sis' camera since the ginormous Nikon didn't match the dainty dress).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm excited to see pics! I bet you looked fabulous!

Jill said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! I bet you guys looked fabulous!