Loving the stay-at-home momma role most of the time; about 99% of the time. However, I find when that one percent of the time comes, it's not just being annoyed, or disliking the role, it's more like running-away-as-fast-as-I-can hating it. Maybe it's just bad timing, with Soph's acting up and my own crazy hormones (TMI?), but it's definitely something. Olivia insisted on sitting on my lap the whole morning, rendering me helpless to do anything. At first I thought she might be sick since she's usually running around all over the place. In that case, I was fine to cuddle with her. But then Lou came home for lunch and there she was prancing around for her dad, healthy as a horse. Then, Sophie took it upon herself to use me as some type of bean bag slash trampoline and would cannonball her bony little self onto my body. So, yeah, the girls didn't help my temperament at all.
I was in a funk in a majorly bad bad way yesterday. Going to Zumba with a friend helped for a bit, or more like helped for that exact hour that we were there.
Once I opened the door to come home, Lou was there with Liv scrambling to jump in my arms waiting for me and he said, "I gotta go." Apparently, the death look I gave him was venomous enough for him to quickly withdraw his statement and offer a substitute: "I'll just stay home."
That kept me from socking him one in the kisser. Good move, love.
Dinner made it worse, with Olivia refusing to sit in a highchair or her own adult chair. She HAD to be in MY lap. And Sophie was making mealtime yet another ordeal. We had pot roast, and she hates beef. I guess we asked for it.
When it was time to sit and relax and watch DWTS, I was in serious need of personal space. I just had to abandon the show, dump Sophie from my lap and onto the couch, and just walk out. Thank goodness the neighbors were out.
And after all of this rambling, I suppose I should say I feel better today. But, NO I don't. I am still stuck in the funk. Maybe some retail therapy would do some good, if only I can keep from offering my kids to complete strangers for free. Don't call DCFS on me, I promise this is just a phase. :-)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Just Not Feelin' It
Posted by
Team Och
at
9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment