For the past week and a half, most of our activities in this vacation have been kid slash family-oriented. The kids got to go to all the attractions they have wanted to see, Lou got several days to re-acquaint himself with friends and family, and I....well, I patiently waited. (I still had a great time, mind you, but I had a great time because I watched them have a great time) So today, my day of reckoning finally arrived. Today was ALL about ME! And where did I choose to go? My oasis slash sanctuary slash source of joy in the middle of Denver (drumroll, pls!)...Cherry Creek Shopping Mall. Anybody who has been to Denver KNOWS this is THE place for those seeking serious retail therapy. Neiman Marcus, Saks 5th, Nordstrom, Macy's, Tiffany's (a slice of teal blue heaven), and all these other stores NOT available in UT.
I've been trying to pick out a dress for the Air Force Ball next weekend, and this is the perfect place to find it. I've found a couple to choose from, and I decided to sleep on it and figure out which one I really want (or maybe, I just want an excuse to come back). SLICK. hehehehe.
Still not wholly selfish, Cherry Creek houses this huge kiddie play area with gigantic breakfast food items that they can jump on and off from. The 3 still had a good time after I dragged them around. Nothing like a little play and Haagen Daz (sp?) to complete the day.
Right now, Louie is getting ready to make his way to the wedding rehearsal. Then the whole fam will attend the rehearsal dinner afterward.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Finally--Vaca time for ME!
Posted by
Team Och
at
3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment