Since you are the governing law-enforcing agency with jurisdiction over the University of Utah, to include the Rice-Eccles Stadium, I hope this message is received with much more concern than the laughable staff you hire as "security" for events that take place in that venue failed to give.
Tonight is the first time I brought my children over to watch a match between Real Salt Lake and Chivas, hoping this trip may instill a long-standing appreciation of the sport and pride in their hometown team. Unfortunately, certain events which took place during the game have left a bitter taste in my children's perception of soccer matches.
We have had the displeasure to be seated next to the Rogue Brigade, a bunch of foul-mouthed delinquents who had no regard for anybody else but the childish and clearly illegal antics they performed. Now, I want to make it clear that I do appreciate a good game and some old-fashioned jeering and much noise actually makes the experience more enjoyable. I clapped right along with them, even when their profanities seemed a bit excessive. I had no problem with that.
But when fireworks (to my knowledge, I understand fireworks are illegal when lit outside the July 4th and Pioneer Day holiday window) were lit, causing copious amounts of irritating smoke to be blown in my children's faces, I expected security personnel to duly step in and halt the illegal practice. After the lone orange-shirted employee radio'ed in for backup, at least five more staff appeared. They infiltrated their section and stood there apparently confused as to their responsibility. Two more smoke-producing fireworks were lit right in front of them, which suprisingly elicited absolutely no action from this "security."
What caused us even more distress, after my husband kindly and politely informed the security that our baby has asthma and the smoke may provoke an attack, the man shrugged and directed us to move from our PAID seats if the smoke bothered us.
Now, please correct me if I am mistaken, but it seems this group either intimidates the security personnel , or these punks have higher priority than the rest of Real Salt Lake fans? Where is the justice in this?
And after asking the security if they knew fireworks are illegal, the young man shook his head, "Not that I'm aware of."
Apparently, your security requires ample additional training. Your incompetent staff will be the first to be blamed if anybody ever got hurt in any of your events, and major lawsuits may possible be filed, and so I hope, for the sake of everyone's safety, that you heed this message seriously.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
To the Department of Public Safety: University of Utah
Posted by
Team Och
at
10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment