It is I, procrastinator-extraordinaire, who, despite being in the military, has failed time and again to set up an emergency 72-hour kit or any other food storage plan stashed away for dire circumstances. Shame on me! You would think with Katrina, I would have run out and set the fam up. But, no, I decided vacations and other home stuffs took much higher priority! Goodness me.
With this post, I am hoping that by making this public, I'll finally peer-pressure myself into acting and getting this done. (Can't count on Mr. Hubby for this one, he thinks he's invincible) I found a great website TheReadyStore.Com that has everything I'm looking for (and it was recommended by the base). I hear the food is actually really good and prices are sensible.
Now, I just have to clear out my garage (for the third time this year! How do I manage to accumulate all this junk?) and organizethe storage room downstairs. NOT looking forward to that!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Emergency Preparedness
Posted by
Team Och
at
1:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Hey! I just cleaned mine out and stuck a 55 water gallon tank in there. Now I'm working on de-junking the basement. Gotta make room for food storage. I think I need to have a garage sale. I should have jumped on the bandwagon when you did it. If you find good food storage tips let me know, I've got to get going on this too.
I love working on emergency preparedness stuff. By the way I read your ball below and thanks for giving me thanks on your blog. Way sweet! Also, that is kind of freeky about how many people viewed your blog. I am going to check mine out right now.
Post a Comment