We drove over to the Park City area Friday for some fun in the snow. Gorgoza Park, the tubing park, was filled with an army of people. The two hour pass we bought seemed a bit short since we had to wait in line for most of the time.
The admission prices were worth it, considering I am WAY too lazy to lug the tube and my fat a$$ up the hill. I would definitely recommend coming mid-week during the non-holidays to make the most use of your pass.
The junior hills are enough to make the faint at heart satisfied with the rush. If you're looking for more excitement, take the extra tow to the very top and careen down with two gargantuan Mexican men and two others to contribute to your veocity. I would have screamed more than I did, but the speed and cold and sheer fright rendered me silent.
The junior hills are enough to make the faint at heart satisfied with the rush. If you're looking for more excitement, take the extra tow to the very top and careen down with two gargantuan Mexican men and two others to contribute to your veocity. I would have screamed more than I did, but the speed and cold and sheer fright rendered me silent.
Afterwards, we took Katie to the Olympic Park and purchased her very own trip down the bobsled track. A total once in a lifetime experience...only three locations in North America provide this service, with the Utah site the only one worldwide that will let you ride the entire length of the track. After an hour of briefings, she went down as part of a bobsled team led by a professional athlete, and traversed a little under a mile of track in 56 seconds, top speed 71.4 miles per hour.
The evening drive home was horrifying, the snow coating our head and fog lights so much that we had to tailgate a semi and go off his rear lights to give us a hint of the lanes. Thank goodness we arrived home safely.









1 comments:
Wow, how fun! I have never been there. I gotta give it a go.... Glad you are all home safe and sound.
Post a Comment