Tuesday, January 13, 2009

REM

I guess I reach REM sleep around 5:30 in the morning. Why? Because I SLEPT RIGHT THROUGH L's phone call!!!! I had stayed up until 1:30 when he initially arrived in Germany, and we chatted for a bit. I didn't realize he called a second time until Liv was playing with the phone this morning. Worse, he didn't leave a message. So now, I'm pissed at myself that I missed it, and even more pissed at him for not leaving a message.

happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts
***UPDATE***
Phone conversation at 9:00 this morning:
Me: I'm SO SO sorry I missed your call!
L: You didn't miss my calls.
Me: Huh? Even the one at five this morning?
L: We talked for ten minutes at five this morning. (you can hear a chuckle threatening to break through)
I guess I talked to him in my sleep. And here I was boiling mad that he didn't leave a message for me. Oh boy.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You're so funny- We are so grateful to you guys and your sacrifice! Hopefully the snow will melt soon, and then June is just around the corner! (Sorry, like that helps, I just don't know what else to say, but thanks...)

Jill said...

Oh that cracks me up! I have had several phone calls like that before...glad to hear I'm not the only one who can carry on a conversation in my sleep.

Tell L hello from us!

MaricrisG said...

That is just freaky but funny! You must have been so tired but your conscious mind is awake! lol!

Maricris
Zen Ventures
Tosty Brown

Anonymous said...

oh wow! That is hilarious! And actually kind of all scientifically cool, aren't our brains amazing?!