And the countdown has commenced. Dylan was pretty shook up about L's departure, and has been granted permission to skip out on school today. It was a bit strange how this day has been passing. I've finally washed the stinky dishes in the sink, swept and mopped the floors, but just stared at the five (count them five!) laundry baskets full of "to-folds." Just another day, right? It still feels like the phone will ring and his voice will say, "On my way home." BUT, he's not. He's currently flying to Germany and I should be receiving the "I'm safe" call early early morning.
It's okay. I've received phone calls yesterday checking up on us, making sure I haven't gone ballistic. Thank you for your concern! Thank you for your comments! You guys have made my plight so much bearable.
And, lest I forget, since he was very very adamant on the phone about this: L wants the neighborhood to know how much all of your kindness has touched him. (Really, y'all made him cry.)
Things are looking on the up and up.
Monday, January 12, 2009
One Down, at LEAST 120 More to Go!
Posted by
Team Och
at
2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
thinking of you and your family.
Post a Comment