Ugggh!!!! You would think this being L's last week here at home, the folks at work (all of whom could relate to this situation) would give him every chance to jet out of work and spend some quality time with his fam, right? WRONG! It seems apparent every last one of those co-workers of his are incompetent idiots if not worse. Not only did L get all his deployment stuff done for himself and the rest of the shop, but he also took care of other issues outside of his responsibility to help the rest of the squadron out...all well ahead of schedule. All that was required was for those dumbasses to just turn all the paperwork in. So what happens? An officer has to take charge and the shiznit just rolls on down the hill! All the required documentation was loaded wrong and completely erased, calling for L to spend all day at work re-inputting data line by line.
I remember every time another group was set out to deploy, L always worked the extra hours to take care of their stuff for them. Why? Well, according to L, it's the only decent thing to do, that way those guys can spend as much time with their families as possible. You would think they would afford him the same courtesy! Nope, guess not, those ungrateful louts. (I know I'm being really ugly right now, and I may feel horrible about what I type later, but right now, I am so darn pissed, I can't help it, hence, this run-on sentence!)
Tomorrow is another unnecessary day at work for my poor hub. We're crossing our fingers he can at least get home early.
Sophie is beginning to display signs of anxiety...refusing to go to sleep, crying earnestly whenever L has to leave for work afraid he won't come back, and simply not being her usual spunky self.
I, on the other hand, am feeling helpless to the minutes ticking by on fast forward, wishing in vain to freeze time for just a couple days more...heck, I'll take a couple hours if it's given to me. But it won't even slow down for my sake, and goodbye is right around the corner once again.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Irate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I wish I could go take care of "all the stuff" so he could be home with you and the fam. I think you have a right to be upset. What goes around is supposed to come back around. Sorry to hear it's been so frustrating.
That is awful. Im so sorry.
Post a Comment