Our holiday visitors will be leaving in four days. The last time we've seen them was in 2006. I don't want to say goodbye just yet. Yes, the house is in a perpetual state of mess. (I gave up cleaning after the first two days.) Yes, it has gotten quite expensive feeding the fam plus two gigantic twins and an energetic teenager. But I will miss them nonetheless.
And the most important reason, once we bid our adieu's to them, it means we have a mere 6 days with Lou before he gets shipped off again. We are nowhere near being ready. There are so many things that need to be done. But right now, I could care less if the house falls to pieces around us, I just want to spend some quality time with my husband.
Sophie is comfortable with the idea of dad being gone again to "irax" and has already dug out her daddy doll in preparation. Liv, at her age, is oblivious to the anticipated absence of her father. Dylan, is a little more worried, especially since Lou came home last time recovering from surgery. I, myself, am a bit more comfortable with the issue of his safety. However, the issue concerning his luck (as in bad) still continues to nag.
This blog will more than likely be my outlet for the next six months. So I'm enlisting your help in the form of encouraging comments and your own entertaining blog posts to keep my mind off other morbid concerns. (I swear this isn't a shameless blog plug)
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Not Ready for Goodbye
Posted by
Team Och
at
4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
awww, saying goodbye DOES suck doesnt it.
Girl, you take these next days and live it up with your hubby. We'd love to have your kids over if you need a babysitter!
Post a Comment