Three to one. The odds aren't in my favor and they most assuredly worked against me tonight. Have any of you moms out there been bombarded with "urgent" requests, complaints,questions, demands from your children all at one time? OMG!
As I rushed to get dinner defrosted and cooked, fam fed and readied before my gym date with Ms. B, the attack began. I swear it was a conspiracy cooked up between the brats, it was so perfectly executed. Liv had sounded the battle cry when she refused to surrender the koala bear embrace from around my neck once she awoke from her nap. I should have seen it coming. It seems whenever I move with a purpose, it is the resounding signal to my spawn to do whatever it takes to distract, frustrate, and infuriate. And so they did, quite successfully, in a matter of mere minutes.
Liv screamed and cried from the depths of her little soul and insisted on swinging from the oven handle while the chicken sizzled and splattered inches away from those tiny hands. Soph, with her lovely lovely whiny voice, insisted repeatedly that she is allergic to chicken and would rather have pancakes with lots of syrup for dinner instead. Dyl, always meaning well, commenced scolding and yelling at the two to the point his actions only instigated the chaos even more. Soph stuck to her guns and refused nourishment.
I, deciding on tough love to scare the little ungrateful runt, proclaimed that she either eat her dinner or go straight to bed.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Outnumbered
What happens? She calls my bluff! She marched into her bedroom, unzipped herself from her dino costume, and promptly fell asleep!
Dinner was consumed by the remainder of the fam in tense silence. Of course, the guilt of a mother with a starving child won out and the mutineer was awoken and served mini pancakes with lots and lots of syrup. She gladly devoured the plate as her crestfallen mother observed in bewildered defeat.
Posted by
Team Och
at
6:34 PM
Labels: parenthood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
I really love your new design...and hunny, we all have days like this! I was laughing because it all sounds so familiar! :)
Post a Comment