Happy New Year, folks! What better way to start the new year than to look back at the past one?
1. What was the most difficult part of 2008?
This has got to be the early morning (4am) phone call with Lou's strained voice uttering his first words of the conversation: "Honey, I'm going into surgery," one week before he was supposed to come home from Iraq.
2. What was the happiest moment of 2008?
Seeing my uniformed hubby semi-limp his way to baggage claim and us, looking a bit pale, but happy to be home. And even better...even if it was just for a couple hours that night...I had everyone I hold dear here in town: FamOch, my sister's fam, and my mom and dad.
3. Name your favorite event of the year.
Not so much an "event," but the trip to Colorado and all the great fun things we did as a family takes the cake in this category.
4. What was something you have never done, but accomplished for the first time in 2008?
Hmmm. Blogging! I've discovered it pretty late on in the year. But I've quickly caught the blogging fever and haven't looked back since.
5. What was something you had planned to do but failed to accomplish?
Lose weight! I have lost some, but since the twins have been here, I've consumed a horrrrrrendous amount of soda to gain it all back and then some.
6. What was your proudest moment?
I don't have one singular thing. The kids have accomplished so much this year. But this has to be it: Dylan saying quietly to Sophie, "I know I yell at you a lot, but I love you." and Sophie yelling at the top of her lungs as Dylan leaves for school in the morning, "I love you, Dylan! I'll miss you. I can't wait for you to come home!!!" and Olivia the baby giving her older siblings those full face hugs and saying, "Aaaaw. Uh-laaahv-u!!!!!" All priceless and my proudest moments of being a mommy. I'm doing something right.
7. Name an unexpected surprise of 2008.
The gift of friendship. I'm not a social person and tend to gravitate towards privacy. But this year, I have been blessed with a hilarious and lovingly caring friend who has been there as an outstanding gym and chit chat partner. I'll always be thankful for that.
8. What are you looking forward to in 2009?
Lou coming home and this year's vacation to Virginia and New York City.









2 comments:
great post! Happy New Year!
Can I come on vacation with you I promise I won't take up much room!!!
Post a Comment