I have previously raved about the super fun activities the local MyGym offers the young ones...but even I never got around to signing my own kiddies up. The reg fees were a bit steep at the time, and well, you know how things go. Anyway, I have just been alerted to their January sign-up special: registration fee is waived plus $25 off the first month's membership fee. It's too great a deal to pass up, so count on me to finally signing Sophie into a class.
Sophie isn't registered in a regular preschool because 1--Studies show preschool is not necessary for children...2--There are way too many glorified home "preschools" that just plop your kids down in front of TV anyway (I can do that for free at home)...3--I know my kid, and therefore, know best how to teach the basics to her anyway... You get the picture? Anyway, despite the fact that my little preschooler and I have worked dilligently on the alphabet, writing, numbers, phonics, etcetera, Soph is still missing out on the social interaction she would get if she did attend a school...especially during the winter months. I suppose I feel I owe her that, and so she will be the privileged one to attend the MyGym class.
You mommas should check it out! The open house is on January 30-31st, from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
This Time Around...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment