Thursday, January 29, 2009

Missing Me Yet?

I know I have been AAWWWFUUUL at posting this past week. As you can see, it doesn't mean I haven't been on the blog itself, but have taken the time to figure the mysteries of CSS and HTML codes, as evidenced in the new look of this page. I still have a laundry list of little tweaks I need to learn and perform, but at least now it is readable and a bit attractive.


Anyway, what is new?
Despite the many times my subconscious attempted to push the self-destruct button due to my loathing of higher education, I got my associate's degree in accounting, ya'll! It's nice to know I can tack up a piece of paper on my wall proving once and for all I DO have a capacity for intellect. Ha ha. Now it is on to bigger and greener pastures in the pursuit (gag!) of a bachelor's degree. This time, I will not willingly torture myself by attempting to learn some random subject I have no interest in. Nope! With the urging of my ever supportive father dearest and loving hubby, and my great friend Ms. B who has urged me not to press the button yet once again by going for a diploma in I.T., I have....drumroll, pls., enrolled in an English with concentration in professional writing program! Bam! I actually look forward to school now. Yeay me!

Also, I have embarked on a small business venture with a friend. It is still in its very very early stages...but it is promising. Once the ball is rolling more quickly, I will elaborate. Time without my L is hard, but not impossible. SO SO much support from all directions. I'm also glad to report, the hub also feels the time slipping by real fast due to his full schedule...12 hour days, 7 days a week...there's not much down time in between that. During that short "free" time, my love manages to work out and volunteer at the hospital and the chaplain's office. Super Soldier!

My mutha is coming for a visit this weekend!!! The kids are uber excited, they're bouncing off walls. I, for one, am extremely proud of how OCD I have become about the cleanliness of my house...I don't have to stress at all about the ever discerning eye of my mother dear.

Well, that's about it. Besides, I am so past my bedtime, I'm about to lap it. Cheers!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

ohhhh, love the new look!

Jewel Allen said...

Cool new layout!! I love it.

I saw the Toby Keith song on your playlist. Makes me all choked up when it plays. May Heavenly Father bless your husband and your family.

Jill said...

Congratulations on the degree and the new direction for the Bachler's. You are an amazing writer, W! I can't wait to hear about you business too. I was thinking we need to have a girls night out with the gals on the street. What do you think?