I've been stressing on a major level because of all this baby fever (not on my part, of course!). Needless to say, I don't think I have been quite myself since Lou dropped that bomb on me. We made a decision together! Then he rips it out right from under me!
I DID consider his suggestion. The thought of another tiny little baby Och in my arms with those huge brown eyes and curly-ish hair was heart-warming. We've always wanted at least four, you see. But then, of course, there's the reality of how much one can handle. And apparently, my limit is at three.
The more I entertained the idea, ghastly images of that cute little bundle of joy projectile pooping onto the walls and projectile vomitting into my mouth. I can picture that little runt cannonballing itself onto my sleeping form, pulling my hair, and using my cashmere sweater as a dirty dishrag. That would mean additional hours of quality time with Mr. Clean and his magical white sponge scrubbing hot pink masterpieces off the walls, and buying yet another new couch since months of drool, urine, milk, and vomit are all too much for a steam vaccum to handle. Grocery shopping would have to be dealt with on an every-other-day basis since that's about all I can fit into a grocery cart already filled with children. Yikes.
It's a daunting picture. As much as I know all those trivial inconveniences are SO worth bringing another life into the world...I think about those times when I would have to go through it alone. Lou has less than a month with us right now. I'll be a single mom yet again for five months.
Nursing sick children, shooshing them back to sleep and telling them it's alright while they're screaming for daddy, resorting to unconventional methods to keeping the household in proper order...all by myself...I barely kept my wits about me last time. It would be INSANE to even think about adding another into the mix.
After a lengthy discussion, it is official once again. We are done. Lou, as crazy as his ideas may be at times, has the biggest heart of anyone I know, and he completely understood. Whew!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Whew!
Posted by
Team Och
at
8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
It is such a hard decision. even now that I know that DH and I are physically done (well, at least HE is..heehee) I still go back and say I want another one from time to time...Im glad we took care of that or I would be pregnant all the time!
Post a Comment