Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside


The first BIG storm of winter is scheduled to hit us sometime late tonight and stay until sometime Sunday. I am scrambling to get blizzard-prepared by (finally) putting up the patio set that is still sitting out on the deck, and imposing some sense of urgency into my preternaturally chill hubby to dump that trailer full of basement junk that's keeping the vehicles from occupying their rightful place in the garage.

Other than losing my mind over the endless list of to-do's, I'm actually very excited about this upcoming snowfall. The neighborhood is one big competitive family, with one fam resorting to using a ten foot ladder to construct the world's tallest snowman last year. This year, Fam Och has decided to join in on the fun and construct....well, let's just say it'll blow the snowmen out of our circle. It won't be worthy of an entry into the Sapporro Snow Festival by any means, but it'll be freakin' cool if it all works out right.

This year will also be the FIRST time Fam Och will hit the slopes. SO SO SO excited. Mister D got his first skiing lesson through a class field trip and he's itching to get back on.
Anyhow...there's the update.
What plans do you have for the winter season?

5 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

I wish we could go as a family skiing, but it's so expensive. Fortunately, my fifth grader has a pass from school; for $15 he can go skiing 39 times! Of course my husband or I (most likely my husband) will have to shell out the big bucks, but I'm glad he has the chance.

Is it really going to snow? I'm not ready :-(

Cammie said...

have fun! No specific winter plans for us this year...may hit the indoor waterpark a few hours away to get away one weekend. I hate snow with almost every fiber of my being but my kids of course LOVE IT

Jill said...

Last year we sat around watching the other boyz build the snowmen. This year, we are so in on the action. We ought to make a week of it and then have hot chocolate in the circle while we fight over whose is best! heehee

THe Hepworth's said...

SO I wanna come!! When you go be sure to inform us we are always looking for an excuse to get in the mnountain!!! Oh and by the way we'll see whos is the best HEP Family is all ready!!! THis year will be awesomE!!

Team Och said...

Woohoo! It's gonna be ON in the circle!!!! Just BRING it. hahahaha