Okay, first thing's first. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oscar Mr. Hotness De la Hoya. I have loved the Golden Boy since I was 14 and cried when he won the gold medal at the Barcelona Summer Olympics. Now that's outta the way...
I usually don't go for ordering PPV for any event no matter how much Lou keeps ranting about how we NEED to watch it live. But the fight between De la Hoya and Manny Pacquiao (the most famous Filipino athlete in the world) was too once in a lifetime.
As loyal a fan I have been to Oscar, Filipino runs in my blood, and so I figured I had an obligation to root for my kababayan and the believed underdog of the match. Everyone else in the household, including our friends who joined us for the fight, cheered for Oscar.
Guess what? Manny SCHOOLED the former hero. It was such a spanking, especially considering Manny had a four inch height DISadvantage, that it was painful. Especially painful since Oscar had to fall from grace in such a humiliating way. As much as it pained me to see my Mexican boxer hottie lose his crown, it was overshadowed by my jOY to see a Filipino celebrate SUCH a big win.
The downside to this...Filipinos in their native country will believe in this boxer so much that they'll vote him as their next vice president. Sad...
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Filipino PRIDE!!! Wooohooo!
Posted by
Team Och
at
11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I dont know squat about boxing...but seeing that body was worth the trip over! heehee
nice blog here! thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Post a Comment