Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Busy Bad Mom

So after the craziness of the week of sickness and the following week of L's b-day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas shopping, I have to admit I have let the house go. It is absolutely amazing how a "break" in cleaning up can snowball into one gigantic disaster. Yesterday was my day to make amends to my neglected abode and finally set things gleaming clean again.
It took me all stinkin' day. Washing dishes, disinfecting countertops, sorting, washing, and drying laundry, sweeping, mopping, cooking...all stinkin' day. Liv, acutely aware of mom's tunnel-vision to house cleaning that day, fed off the hype and shouldered through nap time jumping up and down on the bed, playing, and simply refusing to tuck in. Viewing this struggle as wasted time away from the ultimate goal of a clean house, I didn't insist as I usually do. At about 4pm, while washing the third sink-full of sippy cups, I stubbornly ignored Liv's cries, saying, "Just three more cups and I'm done, honey."
After the third and final cup, I looked around in amazement...it was silent. I peeked around the island counter and found this...

Poor little Liv. At least she fell asleep on a clean floor...

Bad mommy.

1 comments:

Jill said...

She is just so dang cute! I love this.