As a member of B&N, I occasionally receive coupons for their store. This week, we got a 50% off for a board game. We headed over and purchased the Monopoly Onyx Edition, a spiffed up version of the basic board package, for half the price, since the play money in our original box made its way into Sophie's play purse.
Yesterday, Sophie was eyeing the sleek black box sitting on the dinner table. "Mom, can I play with that?"
I shook my head, "No, these are for adults only! These are not kid toys. They are for adults!"
Okay, so what's the point?
I didn't think there was any until today...
Thank goodness, I wasn't there since Lou and I had split up at the mall to sneak buy a few presents for each other. Lou had taken Sophie and Dylan. I had Liv.
Dylan, apparently, had been discussing toys with his dad. Sophie, butts in from nowhere, and says, "Mom likes ADULT TOYS!" And because of her perch seated on Lou's shoulders, she was in prime position that the WHOLE store overheard my smart little runt's comment.
Again, I need to watch what I say.









2 comments:
Oh that cracks me up! She is such a riot! :) Why is it that kids never say those things in the privacy of our homes or cars; it is ALWAYS out in public...
now THAT is hysterical
Post a Comment