My hubby thought he could be slick. He had devised a grand master plan with the Hep's to have his Xmas gift for me mailed to their house just in case the company's logo would appear on the shipment box. Alas, as is the case with small neighborhoods and postal system carriers who know their customers, our dear mailman noticed that the address was "wrong," and proceeded to deliver it to Fam Och's correct address. Good thing, the brown container it arrived in was non-descript, with the return mailing label merely identifying New Jersey as its point of origin.
I phoned the hub right away, not just to give him a hard time, but also as a pre-emptive way to keep me from peeking. When I was younger, I was known to sneak a box knife and carefully peel at the tape so I can treat myself to a self-indulgent preview. Actually, this is the first year I have vowed to abstain from the peek...and I needed him to know that the opportunity was there so I couldn't take it.
Anyway, my curiousity level has gone through the roof, but the package remains intact. Lou needs to get home NOW before I rip it apart. hehehehe. Nah, I'll be good...at least I hope so.









2 comments:
Sistah! You are my peeking kindred spirit. One year, my parents were out early Christmas morning helping my brother finish his paper route and my sister and I carefully unwrapped our presents, oohed and ahhed, and wrapped them back up. Yeah, we were in trouble that year. Okay, mostly me. I am 6 years older. Good luck staying out of your present. I couldn't do it if it were mine. Good thing Kels doesn't shop before Christmas Eve.
I love to peek. Most years I know exactly what I am getting every christmas. This year though, I told my hubby that I don't want to know and I am not telling him what we getting him either! We'll see how long that lasts!
Post a Comment