This is how life has responded to my "Jumble Jumble" post.
Long story short, I had a myriad of complaints and grievances listed in the previously mentioned post last month. It felt good to vent. However, shortly afterwards, I read a post from one of my friends who reflected on her little boy's past injury and how thankful it has made her for her family's health and how it also re-affirmed her faith. Talk about a lesson in humility. I instantly felt ashamed of my material concerns and put the focus back on what is important.
The Lord has blessed my family in countless ways and I wasn't taking the time to appreciate them. I looked at how fortunate we are that S is now officially seizure-free, how D is such an intelligent and caring young man, and O hasn't had to use her Epi-Pen. L has a rewarding job that he loves. Not many families have the privilege of having a single income and making it work. I am cancer-free! Gosh, what more could you ask for, really?
The shift of focus put everything else in alignment. Once I got my head on straight, solutions to our "problems" started raining in on us. $$$ was an issue when it came to replacing our molded carpet. Out of nowhere, as a result from the generosity of a caring retired chief, the Air Force Aid Society heard of our situation and suddenly, we receive a grant to pay for the flooring! Apparently, we fit into the category of "Emergency Home Repair" because of the mold. Who woulda thunk it? The funds that L and I had managed to scrounge up then became the new couch to replace the ruined ones we have to throw out.
Things are looking on the up and up. L and I have enjoyed the flooring project immensely--we decided to nix schedules and just take our time. It has worked wonders, especially since I am generally impatient with getting things done and with L in particular. The house is in a state of disarray it has never seen before due to the construction, but right now, I'm taking it easy. I am looking forward to putting up the new trim and painting it and then re-decorating my living, dining, and guest rooms. And don't forget the Xmas tree! Funny, how all this stuff I whined about blossomed into these new and exciting projects.
Life is Good. I guess I just needed some reminding.









2 comments:
okay so I'm a little behind... I was once again looking at the blog world and as mine stis unattended as usual I wander to team och and am a little concerend on the cancer what is this and when how where have I been if you don't want to explain I understand but REALLY I'm not just "company" anymore!!
You're so funny! I guess since I feel like I've known you forever (thus giving you the highly-coveted "non-company" status) that you already know everything. I once had Hodgkin's Lymphoma several years ago and am in complete remission. Not a sensitive subject, don't worry. :-)It's something I celebrate.
Post a Comment