Friday, November 28, 2008

What is Going On?

Humanity is in decline, folks. The ongoing tragedy in Mumbai, India has left me saddened despite my wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.
And get this, because of the Black Friday sale madness, a WalMart employee was trampled by a horde of customers and died!
Is it really worth the bargain merchandise, people?
Geez...it's so hard to wrap my mind around this.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I hadn't heard about the Walmart employee. It is so sad that material items are more important than kindness, compassion, patience, and ultimately human life. How can we change this? I don't want my children to grow up and EVER act like this.

Sarah said...

I normally love Black Friday shopping, and, have to admit, I partly like to go just to watch the crazy people- but NOT when it comes to someone being trampled! HORRIBLE! I thought it was bad enough when we witnessed a big fight and someone throwing a shoe, but, seriously, what are people thinking?

Jewel Allen said...

Read the WalMart story over the weekend. I can't even imagine going to a store at 5; but injury and death??

It isn't worth it!