With all the craziness of laying this new floor and all the accompanying projects that piggy-backed onto it, getting set-up for Xmas, school, and whatever random thing that has come up to occupy our time, my postings have been, at best, sporadic. My apologies to my loyal readers...*smile*
Here's an hodge podge update of Fam Och...
The girls have been fighting off a cold lately, and Liv, unfortunately, the squirts also (eeew, you say. too graphic? hehehe. that was the point.).
We are STILL finishing up the trim. L has been fighting flu season as we speak, so I gathered up all the pressure and tucked it away in my pocket during his recovery.
D had his first parent-teacher conference of the year. And guess what topic was discussed? Yet AGAIN, my blabbermouth (or overly social butterfly) of a son has scored low in Following Directions and Classroom Behavior. This has been an ongoing issue since Kindergarten and no matter how we approach the subject, whether it be threatening or bribing, nothing seems to alleviate the problem. Otherwise, D is doing great on his schoolwork, and his reading level is a grade higher than his actual.
And some great great news. The stepparent adoption for D has finally reached a point in which the end is within sight. Our lawyer has practically promised that by the time registration for next school year has come, D will officially be an Ochoa. L and D are way over the moon with this news. Of course, so am I...but if you guys could only see the excitement threatening to bust those two open!
We attended a musical presented by the local LDS stake to support our neighbors. Boy, were we impressed! L and I had no clue had no inkling as to how talented our friends are!!! S & B, husband and wife directing team, also were featured in the show and they totally blew us away! Phenomenal! I wish I had videotaped the thing 'cause I want to hear them sing again so bad. And C, our ultra-talented dancer who choreographed a tap number...wow! You guys were SO good!
I already bought tickets to see Twilight this weekend with L and D. Excited!!!
Now, I am slowly but surely bringing the house and mountains of laundry back to manageable terms.
I think that's about it. Cheers!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
So What's Up?
Posted by
Team Och
at
7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
You are so sweet! I feel so famous having my initials mentioned on your blog! Sorry to hear about the fam not feeling well- can we help?
Sorry to hear about the colds and flu, hope you guys are on the mend. (And keep it over there please, I don't want it anymore.:) We probably gave it to you guys, sorry.)
Congratulations on the light at the end of the tunnel with the adoption! I would love to hear more about this! Adoption certainly has blessed our lives.
Post a Comment