Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jumble Jumble

As I type this out, I am constantly forcing myself to think of those less fortunate, for this is, once again, another woe is me blog post. But, really, who else can I bee-atch to, but to you guys anyway? My poor hubby is way way busy with pretending to be at war at work and he really doesn't need to hear the "waah-wah-waaah" (Charlie Brown comes to mind) of his wife when he comes home. But, this is typical of me when my life is not the organized, walking the line life I so desperately want (anyone care to yell out, "Control freak!"). Even more so when the humble abode is unclean.

So clean it, you say? Well, this past weekend, L and I decided to rip out the nasty carpet in the living room and hallway. It has gotten to the point it was a health issue (pet nastiness and mold and mildew festering between the carpet and pad) and we just had to get rid of it. No, the house does not reek any more of that heady ammonia scent urine leaves behind, and I do not have to waste all my precious Scentsy bars to camouflage the stink. BUT, I am now stuck with a plywood subfloor smack dab in the center of my house, which is only being covered with a plastic tarp lest the kiddies trip and get their palms and knees ripped apart by wooden splinters. Yeah, yeah, I know...it's a purely superficial annoyance. But I guess you can call me shallow in that sense. And so, no matter how great and deep I clean the rest of the house, I am still faced with that fugly tarp in my living room. Everytime I see it, I can feel my blood pressure rise.

And, why, oh, why is it, when it rains, it SO definitely pours? We are already faced with a major home project of laying new floor in (and finding the $$ to fund it), but the playground in the back fell apart during the last major windstorm, and the banister of my deck seemingly collapsed in half.

Oh, and I need to find a replacement for that nasty-a couch in the living room. Microfiber is NOT stain resistant as RC Willey man claimed it to be. And NO, I do NOT want to wipe it down with a damp rag every five minutes to keep it clean.

At least they are all material issues. My children are still being fed three meals a day, and we have a steady income, unlike some family I have in the PI. I really just need to quit whining. As aware I am of this fact, I still couldn't help posting it. What is this inability to refrain from oversharing??? Anyways, thanks for "listening."

1 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Winnie, it's your blog and that means you have the right to write about anything you want! And it's always theraputic to vent. Sorry to hear about your troubles over there. Can we help?