L and I knew it was inevitable, and although we have a sliver of a chance to get out of this, we have been notified a mandated move is in the early future for Fam Och. It's actually a bit depressing actually typing this out, and I guess that's why I've held off for so long (two weeks or so) to post it.
The mandate states: anyone at a base for more than five years is very vulnerable to orders. January will be the release date of the list of those who must comply. Another thing, since it will be a command-level move, the next location will be an "undesirable" one. Example: North Dakota, South Carolina, Texas (NO!!!!), etc.
We've broken the news to the kids, with only Dylan really being able to grasp the concept. As a team, of course, we are putting on an excited and optimistic air to the whole issue. There is no such thing as a boring place, right? Privately, L and I are terrified of leaving this safe little niche we've found here in this circle. Sell or rent out? What furniture comes with us and what goes to DI? Is driving two cars on a three-four-five day drive even plausible? List of decisions are endless.
L has applied for an "in-place-base of preference" which has already been approved base-level. We are crossing our fingers for the decision from headquarters. I mean, really, it is more cost-beneficial to the govt if we stay, and maybe the state of the economy will work on our side this time. If this gets the ok, then we're here for another two years guaranteed. If not, then we're outta here by next October.
Monday, November 10, 2008
So long, farewell?
Posted by
Team Och
at
1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Sounds like you really want to stay...but maybe this move will bring other opportunities. Who knows? Good luck to you!
NOOOOOOO! I won't stand for it. (Do you think I have any weight with the ups that will make this decision?) I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you stay here. We don't want to lose you!
I really hope you guys can stick around- you're GREAT neighbors!
Post a Comment