Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

So so many things to be thankful for. Yesterday was yet another fantastic Thanksgiving full of awesome food and the company of family.
We are truly blessed.
Seeing as Fam Och and Fam Rigby (my sister's) are the only real family we have around these parts, it's been a tradition now to gather at our place for the yearly turkey gorging. This year, L roasted the juiciest most succulent turkey EVER. And of course, he had to make his cheddar mashed potatoes or Abs would have burned the house down. I finally perfected grandma's stuffing recipe. The usual sides of corn and green beans were easy enough. And I tried a sauteed mushroom and spinach dish for just Abs and I (the boys refuse to eat fungus). I made a chocolate pudding pie for L. But my masterpiece for the day had to be my chocolate fudge brownie and strawberry trifle complete with homemade chocolate custard. Abs couldn't even wait for me to take a pic of the darn thing, she was ready to jump in the bowl herself.

Fam Rigby brought drinks and two yummylicious fruit pies. Afterward, as if we still had room, Abs and I attacked the huckleberry wine and drank half the bottle. After that supper, it is official: I can live on the sole sustenance of the calories I consumed for that meal until Christmas.

Christmas time will be another stuff-your-face event as L's twin brothers and lovely teenage niece will be over for a visit. I'm already in the process of planning that day's menu.

Gotta love the holidays!
Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: