Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My HUBBY: a love letter

As he turns a year older (officially stepping into the world of the old), I just wanted to dedicate this one entry to my wondermastic hubby.

A few things I lurve about this man...

1. L is a romantic through and through. During his time in Korea, he would play and sing songs to me over the phone. Occasionally, on a random day, he'd serenade me while we're driving in the car.

2. He hates to fight, almost as much as I have the propensity to. He is the calm voice that tones me down when I have my dukes up.

3. He always makes sure that we part ways with an "I love you"...even when he's just going to the other room.

4. L is the best father. He thinks his uniform is the ultimate drag, but he'll gladly wrestle on the floor with the kids for an hour after coming home before even thinking about changing into civilian clothes.

5. I've never heard him complain of diaper duty (and he does his fair share, most times, even more) and getting up in the middle of the night to put the little ones back to sleep (that, I never do).

6. He is as caring about other people as much as he cares about us. He gladly sits in the emergency room while one of his young troops is receiving treatment just so the kid has someone there with him when he wakes up. (This is why all the young guys seek him out as a mentor.)

7. When I get frustrated with homework or writing, he smiles and re-assures me I can do it, and I can see in his eyes that he truly believes in me.

8. He's a strong strong man. While at a bar, a brawl had broken out, and I was in immediate danger of becoming collateral damage. I was seated in a chair, and he lifted me and it out of harm's way in one fluid motion that I didn't even spill one drop from my drink. How's that for impressive?

9. He's a proud parent. You can tell when a parent is all about their kids when that is all he can talk about. Upon returning from the desert, there were so many of his co-workers who couldn't wait to meet the kids because of all of his stories.

10. L is adventurous. He is always game for a new adventure/vacation whenever, wherever, best if simply played by ear. (totally contradictory to my controlling nature)

11. L is an athlete. He is naturally talented and capable in every sport from volleyball to basketball to billiards to ping pong. He is competitive and LOVES to show someone up when challenged.

12. He is just about the funniest guy I know. L is quick-witted (unlike myself) and can pitch out a comeback out of nowhere. The guy can get me laughing even in the midst of non-medicated labor.

13. He'll gladly take on all three kids to give me some valuable "me" time in the gym or shopping or in the bath.

14. L is not afraid to admit he is wrong. Forget all that macho bulls* and pride, he is quick to apologize and make things right.
15. He puts up with me. Is there any other trait indispensable to a marriage than that? It takes a whole different type of man to put up with moi, and this guy is it.
If I were to expand on this list, I would never find a stopping point, because, thruthfully, there are countless more reasons why I adore this birthday boy.
Happy 35th, love!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Louis! We hope you have a great one, you deserve all your candle wishes to come true. We love you guys!

Mel said...

AAaaaw, so sweet...

More love to both of you! :)
sis i put u in my site as a link..hope u don;t mind :)