The dreaded shopping weekend has come to a close. I am proud to say the majority of Fam Och's Christmas shopping is done. And NO, I wasn't insane enough to join in the rabid throng of shoppers on Black Friday (all I did that day was pick up a book at B&N). My sis and I abandoned L at home with the three kids plus one (my niece) and went out Saturday morning to shop for the kids' lists.
Mister D had a list of about twenty-plus items in no particular order. So L and I had to pay extra attention to what he mentioned in conversation the most. I had given him my King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table novel for his reading assignment in school, and he is devouring the text.
#1 Mega Bloks King Arthur Castle
#2 Mega Bloks King Arthur Warship
#3 Mega Bloks King Arthur Battle Bridge
#4 Madden '09 for XBOX 360
#5 Army of Two for XBOX 360
Easy enough. I am thankful he isn't as indecisive as he was last year, leaving me running around trying to find a Guitar Hero for Wii at the last minute.
Sassy S has a very specific list of three items:
#1 Spike the two foot remote control dinosaur (what a surprise)
#2 Star Wars Clone Wars Electronic Blaster--in her words "the Star Wars gun that shoots and makes noise"
#3 Play-Doh (this is banned from the house, and I have felt a bit guilty of depriving this little one of the endless hours of creative play)
I have been lucky in #1 and #3...but the darn gun blaster has eluded me. All the local stores and online equivalents are out of stock. I fear I may have to resort to paying the over-inflated price from a private seller. Ugh!
Ornery O, at nineteen months, has no clue about the Christmas season, so she is, a given, the easiest one to shop for. She is currently obsessed with the Wonder Pets, constantly singing her favorite part of the cartoon's theme song, ...Ming Ming, too!" over and over again so she'll be getting something that'll play the song at her whim and drive me crazy at the same time. (Aah, the sacrifices a mother makes to materially spoil her children.)
This year, we actually had a limit for each kid, and much to my surprise it has worked. The three will have a great Christmas morning, and my wallet isn't in tatters, thank goodness. Now, for the task of wrapping all of these goodies up without any of the runts peeking in to see...
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Mission Accomplished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment