...Twitter...Facebook...Blogger...MySpace...Friendster...
I love social networks. With my friends and family dispersed around the world, they are THE most convenient means of keeping up with communication lines I would have otherwise neglected if left wholly reliant on telephone, e-mail, and snail mail. I get a kick out of knowing what my high school classmate in Chicago is doing at this very moment, or finding out this one-third of the cute little triplets I babysat for had just updated her status to "in a relationship."
One thing I am not a fan of is this oversharing of highly personal matters. Yeah, yeah, I share A LOT. Heck, this blog is public for all to view. I'll talk about my kid pooping in the bathtub while I'm in it with her. I'll gush on and on about how much I love my hubster. What you won't find me posting about are relationship problems, big or small.
I've read so many FB posts lamenting on a current heartbreak. "I'M SOOOO OVER YOU NOW!"
And then two hours later from the same account: "I'm so sad and lonely."
THEN a couple days later: "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"
WTF????
There's nothing like a series of oversharing posts like those above that scream out:
"HI EVERYONE I HAVE NO SELF-RESPECT WHATSOEVER!!!!!"
I don't freakin' understand it. WHY????
I'm done ranting.
I had to close out of Facebook after seeing this:
"Once again I left my heart open and you ripped it out."
Oh, brother.









0 comments:
Post a Comment