Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Theme for the Year...CANDY!


I decided to forego the usual Martha look this year since I've been in desperate want of more festivity and fun. The rest of the fam likes to poke fun at my "designer" tree tendencies, relegating all handmade decorations to hang on the bottom one downstairs. But at least this year, it is fun. Lollipops, candy cane swirls, starkiss drops, and all sorts of green, red, and white ornamentation. The pic doesn't show a topper...I haven't found one good enough for it yet....hehehe.
This will be the last year for this particular faux evergreen. The lights have gone wonky and it has now refused to stand straight. We've had a good six-year run with this baby, so it wasn't a waste. Unfortunately, we cannot take advantage of those after-season sales this time around, since we do not know where we will be next Christmas. But once we find out, it's off to Frontgate I go for a new awesome one!

0 comments: