Team Och attended another great base-sponsored event at the Solomon Center in Ogden. It started with Santa riding in on a fire truck, followed by a pizza party upstairs complete with a balloon animal artist, raffle drawings, and a showing of Fantastic Mr. Fox.
During the raffle drawing, Mister Och and I joked about even bothering to check our ticket numbers while they announced the winners. I recall him saying, "What will we do with a second Wii system anyway?"
I had shrugged, "I dunno. It would be best if we gave it to a family who's not having as great a Christmas as ours..."
With Lou's enthusiastic approval of that suggestion, I think we became destined to win the grand prize of the night. By the time they had gotten around to the final prize, I had already tuned out the announcer. I vaguely heard, "5-8-6. That's us!" The next thing I knew, my hubby was walking back to our table with a Nintendo Wii in the crook of his arm.
And so right now, we are in the search of a suitabe family who would appreciate this item but otherwise cannot afford it for their children this holiday season. We think we've found one. I'll update soon.
It feels good to give, doesn't it?
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Luck of the Draw
Posted by
Team Och
at
10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I am excited I can finally leave comments! That is so awesome you guys won that! What a great way to teach your kids the true meaning of Christmas!
Congratulations on the win! And I love that your first thought was to give to someone a little less fortunate. You are a great example of giving and an inspiration.
Post a Comment