
I guess it's true when they say imitation is the best tool when introducing the potty to your children. Sophie was potty-trained right when she turned two because she spent a lot of time with her cousin who was going through the same potty routine. When Liv first displayed interest, she would pick up Sophie's toddler potty seat, set it on the toilet, and try to sit down. Highly doubting any real progress in the matter, I decided to go ahead and purchase the most realistic-looking potty seat just for the heck of it. Initially, she would sit in it and play around, pretending to flush, but nothing much more.
Last night, right after dinner, she walked in front of me and said, "Pooh pooh," and proceeded to grunt. We rushed to her potty and although she had already started in the diaper, she let a bit go while seated in the seat!!! Yeay!
Better yet, this morning once we got up, I took off her diaper, turned the faucet on, and sat her down in the hopes she'll at least get into the habit. Well, let's just say she pretty much filled that up with number two.
So, definite progress on the potty training front. Totally unexpected, but victorious! Now, if only I can convince her to pee in it, too, and before long, it'll be no more diapers for this household!!! Woohooo!









1 comments:
Oh how I love being out of diapers! Great job Liv (and Mom!)
Post a Comment