I am horrible with keeping my cellphone charged. I only really use it when I am in the car or on-the-go somewhere, which of course, drives my friends and 'specially the hubster irate. Anywho, neglecting the whereabouts of my cell also involves neglecting its battery needs. And so, I came to a point the other day when I was getting ready to head out, run errands, and meet my lover for lunch when I realized my phone was comatose. Solution: Purchase a car charger since I needed one anyway.
So there I was at the nearest Spring AT&T store, two lovely little girls in tow, both wide-eyed and ready for mischief from the fresh air they apparently weren't breathing while cooped up in the house. I grabbed the car charger I needed, and waited to pay.
I waited...and waited...and waited...and waited some more. Ten minutes have passed and I still didn't get even a "we'll be right with you." All I wanted was the lousy little charger so I can ring up my man to let him know I'm picking him up, and I had to stand there swatting at the itty bitty hands that were grabbing any which package it came near. Another man came in and stood in line behind me, an employee went and opened up a new register, and then...helped NOT ME, but the man behind me!!!!
I stood there, a million curses racing to the tip of my tongue (all of which I managed to swallow back down, I was so proud of myself). Then the anger demon perched itself on my shoulder and started to whisper bad bad thoughts: "It's because you're too damn short to be seen over the counter," "It's cause you're not white, you dirty little asian," "They think you're just there for fun." Ten minutes more, still standing there.
So I announced for all to hear, "The longer I am here, the longer your little store is subject to the shenanigans of these two," and motioned to my girls, who conveniently enough, knew exactly what my little smile meant.
So off they went, knocking chargers off their neat little hooks, hanging packages in other places they didn't belong. Liv took particular interest in the spinning accessory display and squealed with delight as she spun it faster and faster and all the nifty gadgets went flying in all directions. Sophie managed to reach some phones on display and occupied herself with pulling it away from its self-winding tether and letting it snap back in place.
Five minutes of mayhem later, the dunces behind the counter finally came to the realization the show was not about to stop any time soon unless they got me taken care of.
And taken care of I was. We three girls hopped back into the car to eat lunch with daddy, with the Spring AT&T store in a shambles. Not guilty whatsoever.










0 comments:
Post a Comment