Another thing to check off of the million things I need to try at least once. Although this particular thing, I am pretty sure I'd like to transform into a habit. I procured the cutest pink mat complete with carrying straps and I was set to go! There I was walking into the class, more worried about how dumb I would look inhaling and exhaling through silly yoga poses. Little did I know I should have worried more about if I could get my body to contort to that pose and keep it there.


One pose in particular entailed standing on the left leg, right ankle resting on the left knee, hands on the ground in front of you, weight rolled onto the balls of the feet, left leg bending and bending as far as possible without landing a face plant on the pretty pink mat. Bwahahaha! It took everything in me to keep my laughing hysterically restricted to a barely audible shaking of the shoulders.
Needless to say, I was the queen of yoga position modifications for the night. Because of this, I didn't expect I gained much workout-wise from the session. Waking up and feeling the slight ache every movement provoked, however, changed my outlook on the whole thing. What a perfect day for a massage. Wow! I definitely need to do that again.
Patti, the instructor, was both re-assuring and funny at the same time (Twins and girlfriend? Love it!) My yoga companion for the night, lovely Brandie, is a superwoman incarnate! I was
completely oblivious to the fact that she had already done a yoga session earlier that day, and that she did another hour out of sheer obligation to me. Girl, you're a better friend than I could ever be. Thank you, I always have a blast when blessed with your presence! Hope you're able to move today.










1 comments:
I didn't know Brandie went to "Lady!" Hey- if you like Patty's yoga, then you'll love Kim's Turbokick- She is my favorite instructor ever- she 100% kicks my butt every time!
Post a Comment