Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Preggers?

So, lately I have been battling all sorts of ailments...Initially, I assumed it was the cold/flu I caught from Liv. Then it was that monster of a migraine this weekend that placed me in a more personal relationship with a public restroom than I feel comfortable with. For the past week or two, I haven't been able to shake this blah feeling.

I discussed my concerns with Lou and he addressed a topic I didn't even consider: "Do you think you could be pregnant?" Lethargy, decreased apetite, nausea, dizziness. Hmmm. To spare all of you the unecessary TMI-details, the timing is totally off, and so I highly doubt it. If it is too soon to detect on a pee stick, wouldn't it be too soon for symptoms?

Besides, all of my complaints could very possibly root from other causes. My neck is a chief complaint, and when that coils up, migraines quickly follow. I will take migraine meds which although relieve the pain, bring about unpleasant side effects such as queasiness. We've been turning in past midnight most nights, thus explaining feeling so tired and sleepy. And the appetite...well, I'm not certain on that one. I've always loved food and consuming it is one of my favorite pastimes (look at me, can't you tell?).

Lou scheduled an appt for me to get a massage today. "Aaaaw, isn't that sweet?" you say. No, the poor guy is just doggone tired of me assigning him the duties of massuer and then whining,"What do you mean your hands are tired? Don't be a wimp!" I swear, I don't deserve the man. Anyways, hopefully the session will start me on the road to feeling better.

As much as his suspicions are unlikely, it still got me in panic mode. We've decided to stop with Liv, as I would like to keep my pelvis intact, as well as our sanity. But what if? Yeesh, this sure isn't helping with the tension in my neck.

0 comments: