I have no problem with being shot down. Really, I don't. I grew up in a family that considered harsh-make-you-bleed-in-your-heart-and-crush-your-ego criticism as affection. Truly.
"You know, you're really fat."
That straight-to-the-point, no-holds-barred comment could easily bring one to tears. Some may even think being subject to that type of "love" could seriously bring about some issues major enough to require psychiatric attention. Instead of being hyper-sensitive to criticism, however, I've realized my psyche has leaped off the exact opposite direction. It all just rolls off my back, fat or otherwise. I appreciate the truth, and no it really won't hurt my feelings.
So, if I invite you somewhere, don't give me a definite yes if you're not sure or if you have no plans of going at all! PET PEEVE!!! Now, I understand the concept of tact, of course. And as I sit and regurgitate my annoyance, I am coming to the conclusion that these people were probably just trying to be polite. And as they are more unaware of my personality quirks, they would have no idea of my ability to buck it up and take the cold hard truth upfront.
Nevertheless, as this blog is a way to keep friends and family near and far updated on my fam's coming's and going's, it is more of a way to sort out the jumble that is my brain. I find tapping it out on the keyboard lays it out for me plain and simple and I can just simply let it go.
So here it is...I have let it go. Thank you. Bow.
What is your pet peeve?









2 comments:
I'm so so so sorry I told you I'd be at Zumba and I didn't go! Most of the time, I'm pretty reliable- but honestly, I think I love any excuse NOT to work out...
Please don't think the blog was about you. I guess that's a downside to blogging, you don't know who you'll inadvertently hit with your comments. My bad. I know life happens...and as far as us moms go, life with kids ALWAYS come first. One of these days, we'll run into each other at Lady! No worries!
Post a Comment