Thursday, August 7, 2008

Movin' on up

Introducing my upgrade from the so-yesterday point-and-shoots, everyone say hello to my new gizmo. I have been in want of an SLR for awhile now, and our upcoming vaca has upped the want factor even more. And, as if it was a sign from above, my point-and-shoot Nikon's battery compartment clasp went bust. So want became need.
After obsessing over countless online reviews, I decided on this pretty little Nikon D40. Just the basic kit with 18-55mm lens with 6.1 MP. The best bang for the buck for beginning SLR photogs.
Currently, I am waiting (impatiently) for the battery to charge so I can actually shoot a couple pics. I figure, if I work on it a little everyday, I may be able to figure out apertures, and ISO's, and such before we depart on the annual Ochoa adventure.
I'll update this post later once I actually get it working. Woohoo!

0 comments: