I have no one to blame but myself. As determined as I was when I posted of my new weight loss plan was how quickly that determination won out to a bag of chips and a soda that same day.
I had my PT (physical training) test with the Utah ANG this morning up at the base. As expected, considering the amount of time I put in to prepare for it (none), I BOMBED it.
The first test was the push-up test, and no, girly push-ups are not allowed, and the rest position is the up position. I was able to pump out 42 man push-ups in under a minute (pretty darn impressive for a girl!). As everyone ooh'ed and ah'ed over my score, I had to point out that they shouldn't stay impressed for too long since it was all gonna be downhill from that point on. And it was.
The second test was the sit-up test. I don't exactly know what my offspring did to my insides while I incubated and fed them for nine months, but they sure did a number on my abs. (Talk about ungrateful little runts!) In the span of an endless minute, I could only eek out a pathetic 20 sit-ups!
Even more pathetic, was the one and a half mile run, or should I say jog/walk in my case. Six laps around the track was all I needed to do. But the hip hop rhythm blaring into my ears from the ipod did NOTHING to distract from the burning aching of my lungs and the lead weights in my shoes. It made me want to shoot myself in the face every time I considered how much longer I had to run. Even worse: seeing a colleague lap you for the second time even when they didn't appear to be running THAT fast. One good thing, though: I was able to beat the short, fat, MEAN man from the office by more than two minutes.
The final, most humiliating segment of the evaluation is the weight and waist measurement. The scale was never my friend. Did you know that a person of my height has an ideal weight of 90 to 105 pounds? I don't think I ever weighed that much since I was 12 years old! For the waist measurement, I offered to grab my lovehandles and lift them up and out of the way so they can gauge a few inches smaller. At least they got a laugh out of that, I don't think they realize I was seriously hoping they would consider giving me a break.
I suppose I'll take this as another wake up call. I do NOT want to wear clothes with double digit sizes anymore. I'm taking a Nutrition class right now, so that may help. I just need to run or take an aerobic class or something. Anything right now will help. Wish me luck.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Exercise = Torture
Posted by
Team Och
at
8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
I know exactly how you feel about wanting to shoot yourself while running- every time I go I scream to the passing cars to "just hit me and put me out of my misery!"
Great job on the push-ups, by the way! I could NEVER do that in a million years!
Post a Comment