Monday, August 25, 2008

If It Were The Other Way Around

I am an Asian-American. Filipino by race, born and raised in Japan, schooled at U.S. Department of Defense institutions, once employed by the United States Air Force, currently residing in Utah. I think it is safe to say I have seen a pretty big chunk of the world; not necessarily through geographic locations I have visited or resided in, but through the different and beautiful people I have been blessed to meet.
Through these relationships, I have gained an acceptance of all types of people: blacks, whites, Hispanics, European, Asian, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Wiccans, Atheists, shy, funny, outgoing, quiet. Get the picture? Each and every one of them have enriched my life.
I am CATHOLIC. A very small minority here in this state. So I ask you this: If it were the other way around, HOW MANY TIMES of me coming to you with a crucifix and a rosary would it take for you to get offended?
But the real question lies herein: Would you still be my friend because of this message and my faith?
Because I would still be YOUR friend despite the difference.

0 comments: