Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Afterthoughts

I just couldn't comprehend the morons who lined up outside Walmart for four hours just so they can get a book three minutes before those who were smarter (i.e.,yours truly) and showed up two minutes 'till midnight. Oh well...to each their own.

So here goes the review of the most anticipated book since...well...Harry Potter VII(I guess that wasn't TOO long ago). SPOILER AHEAD...so if you haven't read it yet, don't read any further.

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer,is in lack of a better word, satisfying. Now, I KNOW, I KNOW, there are those (many many many of those) who are shrieking of disappointment that meek little Bella got it all her way. But, you see, I'm an absolute sucker for happy endings, and this little vampire fairy tale satisfied my sweet tooth for the like. Actually, if it turned out any other way, the saga might have been ruined for me. Seriously, I HATE sad endings, no matter how touching or thought provoking, or whatever. Friday Night Lights was a great movie until their loss at the very end ruined the whole dang thing.

I was happy it turned out the way it did. There's nothing like an against-all-odds love story. I'm not even that big of a fan of Bella, she's a little too lovestruck puppy for me. But that Edward is something else...the epitome of how all women want to be loved.

Two, and just two, gripes:

1) RENESMEE??? What F*#&#N dumb@ss name is that? It's like those dumb Filipino couples who take half of one name and mesh it with a totally incompatible other name. UGHHH!
2) The battle that never was. Wouldn't it have been SO much cooler if Bella and Edward and company obliterated the Volturri and took over the world? A mind-boggling epic battle would have THOROUGHLY satisfied.

FINAL judgement: 4 out of 5 Still a MUST read along with the rest of the other books.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey your blog is so cute & funny! I love your background- it's way cute! The blogging world is great! I love it! Now I'll never have to talk to anyone in person ever again. Ha ha.