These are those deep-fried, straight-to-your-a$$, Filipino spring rolls. I was contemplating keeping it a secret recipe, but really, these things are too pain-in-the-a$$ to make, I don't want to be the only one to request them from.
Recipe is pretty simple:
1 pkg lumpia wrappers (available at asian food stores in the freezer aisle)
1 lb. ground pork
2 large eggs
1/2 large onion (I like the red ones), finely diced
4 stalks green onion, diced
1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients except the wrappers in a large bowl. Put a heaping teaspoonful of the mixture in each wrapper and roll. Seal by wetting the edge by dabbing it with water before closing. Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden. Serve with sweet and sour sauce (Lachoy's is yummy).
You can hand cut all the veggies, but I just stick them in the food processor.
They'll keep for a month frozen.
Have fun!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
LUMPIA
Posted by
Team Och
at
9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Oh Winnie, these are so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I can't wait to try to make them. I bet they won't be as good as yours, you might still be asked to make them!
Truly delicious! I tagged you- so when you get back, you better get to work, girlie!
Post a Comment