After tearing holes in ALL of Soph's pants whilst exploring the potential of the slippery laminate floor, we trekked to the local Old Navy to pick out a couple pairs of jeans. With the number of deals available (or perhaps I convinced myself they were deals), I also picked out a couple of tops for the girls along with the pair of jeans we came for.
Anyway, when we came home, Soph was crazy excited to try on the new duds. Once determined they fit, she would not take them off; the new top and new jeans stayed on.
Fast forward a couple hours, I picked my "chingga" up from MyGym and noticed she kept slipping her hand down into her pants. "Soph," I lectured,"it's not polite to scratch your privates in public."
My admonishments continued until I noticed not only was she clawing at her nether regions, but practically everywhere else. I called her over and lifted her shirt and was astonished at the angry hives covering every inch of her torso. By the time we cut off Dylan's MyGym session short and arrived home, the rash had creeped up to all around her neck up to her hairline and ears. As I had feared, after removing all of her clothes, the rash was also around her upper thighs and buttocks.
I guess because we've never had a problem with it before, we have a habit of wearing new clothes before running it through the laundry. After this episode, I am fairly certain the clothes were the culprit. To further cement my suspicions, I googled allergic reactions to new clothing and found that FORMALDEHYDE is present inWell, new fabrics, especially those originating from China and other parts of Asia. NO WONDER!
Chalk it up once again to the bad mother in me. My poor baby. She's drugged up with Benadryl and fresh from a soothing bath. I'm just hoping her skin calms down.
So, yeah, WASH BEFORE WEAR! Skin does not react well to formaldehyde! Yuck!
**UPDATE**
Li'l girl has recovered perfectly. We are currently spending the day doing laundry.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Wash Before Wear!
Posted by
Team Och
at
7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
ohhh. that sucks!
Post a Comment