The hub called. Actually, he called fairly soon after I published the previous post. Conversation was as follows:
Me: Thank goodness you're ok! I've been going crazy here!
L: You were? I told you I was going to Cross Fit today.
Me: Yes, you mentioned that, but you didn't say what time or that you would be late calling me!
L: I'm sorry...
Okay, buddy, I can't read your mind when you stand right in front of me, what makes you think we have some sort of psychic connection half a world apart? Needless to say, my L got an earful during that phone call.
I was still upset after I heard from him, and still required aforementioned retail distraction, so I decided to shove the laptop away for a bit and let myself calm down.
It has only been a month, and I fear my guy is already getting too comfortable with the idea of being in a war zone. Given, he's not an EOD guy who has to leave the confines of the base to clear bombs from the road, but a war zone is a war zone whether or not you are inside or outside the wire. You would think helping out at the clinic with those injured soldiers should keep his head on straight. Yeeesh.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I do apologize for leaving you all hanging. I needed some time to gather my thoughts.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Late Update
Posted by
Team Och
at
10:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
So glad everything is okay. You and he are in our prayers every day.
Post a Comment