I come home from an optometrist appt on V-day, D is standing there with a pleased expression as he clutched at a long narrow box with a giant purple "FTD" printed on its side.
"Mom, you got something from Dad!"
He hands it over to me and I snatch it up.
My train of thought: "He SAID he had something on the way, but it wouldn't make it by today. Was he lying to surprise me? Oh, there's a vase...and red roses...looks like a dozen...oh, and a teddy bear! Wow! That's really not his style...but ok, it's cute! Where's the card? There it is! "Miss na miss na kita..." What? Did L suddenly learn to speak in Tagalog? WTF! These aren't for me!" Go figure, the label was addressed to a Corazon.
It turns out my own mother suspected the package was for her upon its arrival and even voiced her concern to her grandson. But, he was so excited and convinced it was for me that he locked it in his room until I came home!
The hilarity!
Today, a Jimmy's Flowers van rang the bell and handed me a rectangular vase with red carnations arranged into the shape of a heart. L's style through and through. Although I DID double check the adressee label just to make sure.
Thanks, darling. I love them.









0 comments:
Post a Comment