Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trash Can

Sophie: Mom! We have a BIG problem!
Me: What's that?
Sophie: In my room, there are lots of ants!!!

I've been aware of the girls sneaking mini bags of potato chips into their room whenever I'm busy with housework. But, since it kept them out of my hair at the time, I turned a blind eye and just made sure I vacuumed there diligently.

Armed with my trusty Dyson, I observed the trail of ants leading into their floor vent. I lifted the register off and turned the baby on. It turns out, Miss Sophia and Miss Olivia have transformed that little vent into a trash can!

I pulled out the expected potato chips...but also old lollipop wrappers, hardened blue fruit snacks (their least fave flavor), and popsicle sticks! Yikes!

1 comments:

Jill said...

M once used our heater vents as a ball shoot. We had to get Rhead to come over with his stong vac (from the carpet cleaning business back in the day...) to try to get them out. Didn't work. We ended up cutting into the vent system close to the furnace to pull them out. I finally got smart and stuck the vent under the carpet so he couldn't lift it off to drop the balls! Ugh...kids sometimes.