L is HOME!!! After nearly five months, Fam Och is whole again. It is such a relief to have him home safe and sound. Here are pics of his homecoming. I'm not gonna go into the whole crazy fiasco that became of the landing times...only thing that matters is that we made it in time to see our hero step off that plane. We were accompanied by two of our Utah extended families to welcome him in. It was truly a great and long awaited day.

The Heps just about as excited as we were.

The F's witnessing their first military homecoming.
L was SO touched and honored that these two families who we care deeply about thought enough of him to take a day off from work to welcome him home. Thank you, guys! You definitely made this day more special by being there!!!


If you notice our attire...we chose to go with the Yellow Ribbon theme...one because it seemed befitting the situation, and two our small group of yellow amidst the crowd of over three hundred helped L spot us from the airplane quickly.

The airplane landed and taxied in right in front of the hangar.

Sophie spotted her Daddy right away and shook free of my hold to run and jump into his arms first. This shot was the one captured by several news groups.

Liv didn't hesitate to give her Daddy a hug, either. This is the moment I've been waiting for.

Dylan and his Daddy

More luvin'

....and some more....

Of course, what would a celebration be without the traditional circle bbq??? We pulled the grills together, closed off the road, and munched on some yummy food.
Thank you, everyone, for sharing this day with us!!!
I'll be absent for a bit, collecting on all that luvin' I missed out on while mister was away.
4 comments:
these pictures made my eyes all teary. So beautiful, thank you for sharing with us and THANK YOU for what you and your husband do for our great country!
Yay! I'm so happy for your family. :) The pics are great! I can't wait for tomorrow...it'll be our turn for homecoming festivities. Yay for May, right? LOL
We're all happy to see Louis is safe and with you guys now. Ako din naiyak sa mga pictures. We love you guys and we miss you so much...
Your family in the Philippines
I am so glad he's back safe! The Yellow idea was so cute! Man I miss hanging out with you.
Post a Comment