There are many out there who possess that invincibility complex. They scoff at the minute possibility a natural disaster, global pandemic, or random tragedy would affect them in any small way. That's fine and dandy for them, I suppose. To each their own. I am not one of them. Some may view me as the one on the opposite end of the spectrum. I worry. Paranoid, perhaps. I'm the one, upon entering a new building, will scout out all possible dangers and escape routes. Weird? I would think so. Especially now that I have the welfare of my children to worry about, being prepared for any type of event, cataclysmic or otherwise seems, well, smart. Plus, I breathe easier knowing all the bases are covered.
It is with a huge sigh of relief that I can say WE ARE READY. For the first 72 hours that is. After Katrina and the resulting evacuations, the necessity for having 72 hour emergency kits has been foot stomped to no end. Getting those prepared for my fam of five plus dog was a priority and by golly I am finished!
Everyone has a backpack (baby Liv has one also and will be carabiner'd to my sack until she is big enough to carry it herself. Every pack has clothes, food, water, hygiene items, and emergency supplies to last three days. The main rucksack even has a portable toilet that folds flat, a Jetboil stove, a handcrank radio, and an extensive first aid kit. The kids' backpacks have activity books and candy treats.
It feels good knowing that come hell or high water, L and I can provide for our fam.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Ready!
Anyone interested check out www.thereadystore.com for info or supplies.
Posted by
Team Och
at
4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
What did you decide about food? I need to change mine out...way too heavy! And I don't have a potty...can we camp out by you guys?
Post a Comment