Our Hershey girl has left us for a new start with a new family. Labs are such energetic and fun-loving animals--we just didn't feel that we were doing her any justice keeping her cooped up in the house. As a family, we decided that we needed to find her new caretakers who can live up to the challenge of properly loving and caring for this precious girl.
They all came today to meet her, a couple with seven children, all excited and hopeful for a positive first encounter. Hershey's first impression didn't fail. She sniffed all of them and managed to smooch the smaller children. I could tell it was love at first sight for both parties.
Hershey's new fam has an acre of land for great games of fetch and romping in the snow during the winter time.
Soph did the interrogating, asking the proper questions like: "Will you walk her everyday?", "You need to give her lots of food, ok?", and "If you don't like her, just give her back to us."
I refused to say goodbye, in fear I would fall apart right then and there...so I handed over her leash and watched as she bounded up into their vehicle. When I stepped in the house, I couldn't help but burst into tears.
Hershey gave us great memories and I'm sure she'll have plenty up her sleeve for this new family.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Goodbye, Sweet Girl
Posted by
Team Och
at
9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment