Okay, so I HIGHLY doubt Fam Och (minus Daddy Och of course) had a personal encounter with this pandemic...but for a while there, I was a bit worried. For the past week, we have been cooped up, wiping snot, hacking up bits of lung, and praying for death to come and end it all. And yes, you read correctly...WE...not I...nor she...nor he...nor they....it was ALL of us. All four of us in varying stages of the sickness (Liv, Soph, myself, and Dyl in that order) hunkered down and waited for it to fade away. While Mister D missed a whole week of school, we lived off of microwaved dinners, ramen, and quick minimal-exposure drive-thru take-out. And for that one day that left me in tears, the great Heps came to the rescue and brought over pizza for dinner. Laundry has accumulated into a hideous mountain that dwarfs the washing machine and my usually shiny floors have hazed over with layers and layers of dust and dirt and filth.
I was genuinely concerned I ran into some living petri dish of swine flu fresh from spring breaking in Mexico. But thank goodness, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today, I have been able to move without pain in my joints, and smile without any particular effort. BUT we all made it alive...or at least we're almost there.
This last week has undoubtedly been the hardest since L's been gone. Thank goodness he's coming home in less than 30 days!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
That Dang Wilbur Flu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
oh no!! Im glad you are all on the mend! And glad DH will be home next month!
I am so sorry to hear that! I had no idea... Can we help??
Post a Comment